Medical Laboratory Technology
Nationally, the goal of the MLT program is to prepare the graduates to sit for the ASCP Board of Certification exam. Educational enrichment, professional training, and personal development are the concerns of the MLT department faculty.
Additional goals include:
- Participation in professional development opportunities to enhance the competence
of the MLT faculty
- Upgrade and expand, through capital equipment funds, instrumentation and other equipment
and supplies used in the program
- Development of library holdings and computer software which support the MLT Program
- Participation of the faculty in various college activities
- Development and maintenance of alliances with the laboratories in local hospitals/medical
clinics/reference labs to enhance educational effectiveness for MLT students
- Continuous quality improvement and assessment of the MLT program to ensure excellence
and desired outcomes for student success.