Academic advising at York Technical College is a shared relationship between you and your advisor that will help you have a successful experience at the college. Your academic advisor will assist you in developing and adapting an educational plan that matches your life goals from the time you are accepted into a program, through graduation.The Academic & Career Advising Center integrates academic advising with a strong career development focus. It serves as a centralized area to provide support and clear direction to students transitioning from one program to another. Visit the Advising Center for career counseling, program changes, and general assistance related to your academic success.
Contacting Your Advisor
You can find the name and contact information for your academic advisor by logging into Navigate. You will find your advisor info under Resources - People.
Your Program of Study and Completion Plan
The College Catalog is the official source of information on academic programs at York Technical College. Please refer to the Catalog for the year in which you were admitted to the College.
Before meeting with your academic advisor, we recommend that you read the Advising Syllabus. For your program of study, please review the Completion Plan/Suggested Plan of Study that corresponds to the catalog year you were admitted. Having this document with you during your appointment will ensure that you are registering for the right courses and continuing on the right path to completion of your program.
English and Math Placement
Your Math and English placement depend on the scores of your college entrance exams.
Registering for Classes
York Tech students register for classes using Navigate. If you need access to a computer, an Open Computer Lab is located in A-208.
Steps to Register in Navigate
- Log into Navigate on your desktop.
- Click “Planner” tab in the top banner.
- Review your academic plan and choose “Pick times” or “View/edit schedule.” (This will depend on whether or not registration is open.)
- Edit your preferences on left hand side to set your availability.
- Create your schedule- choose a section from the available list in the left sidebar
for each course in your plan.
- Keep an eye on the schedule timeline at the top to make sure you have a balance of classes in each term.
- Level up! if you can and add 15 credits or more! Graduate faster.
- Click “Register.”
- Not ready? Don’t worry- you can save & exit. Your schedule will be saved.
- IMPORTANT: Scheduling your courses does not mean you’re registered! Your schedule is not guaranteed until you click “REGISTER.”
ADD/REPLACE: Remember to review and print your schedule to make sure it’s correct! View your schedule in Navigate by clicking “Class Schedule” on the left sidebar.