York Tech's Improved Technology Experience
York Tech’s data systems (WebAdvisor, Datatel, and the college network) were recently upgraded to allow the same user ID to be used across multiple systems. This was the first step in the long-term plan to provide “single sign-on” (one username/password) for all current systems and applications in the future.
What you will need to do ...
Everyone in the York Technical College community will need to make some simple updates to their login information.
For students and adjunct faculty without a York Tech email account:
- Your user ID will not change
- Your new default password for WebAdvisor will be your birthdate in this format: MMDDYY
- Please change your password to something more secure as soon as possible
- No other system passwords will be changed during this first step
For staff and faculty with a college email account:
- Your password will not change
- Your new ID for log in to the network, Outlook Web Access and Datatel will be your existing WebAdvisor ID (first initial + last name + last four # of your college ID number), for example, rscott0123
- The same information will also need to be updated
in the settings of your mobile device you use to
receive email from your college account
Recommended Password Practice
The password length will be at least 8 characters.
The password should contain characters from three of the four groups:
- uppercase alphabetic
- lowercase alphabetic
- special characters
Password histories will be tracked back at least 10 iterations, so you will not be able to re-use a password if you have to reset it.
For anyone having trouble logging in following the update,
the York Tech Helpdesk
is available at 981-7111 or
This is only the beginning ...
This is only the first step toward an enhanced technology experience at the college. In days and months to come, you will see new or updated computers across campus in labs and offices, increased bandwidth for both our wired and wireless networks, twice as many wireless access points, new MS Office365 email accounts for all students, the launch of a college web portal, new Smart Boards in classrooms, and much more.
We hope you are as excited about these improvements as we are, and thank you for your help in getting it started.